A Peek at Our 1940's Farmhouse Renovation
The Hewett remodel is complete! Well, almost. It's about 90% complete...and then there's the punch list. Either way, I'm excited to show it to all of you...but I refuse to have it photographed until it's 110%, so for now I hope you'll be satisfied with a few sneak peek iPhone pics!
If this is the first you're reading about this renovation, you might want to start with THIS post on the history and original state of the home.
Since it's been a few months, here is a recap of what we were supposed to renovate:
1. Turn the guest bedroom behind the kitchen into the new master bedroom
2. Turn adjoining back garage into master bathroom
3. Rip out sunroom facing the back yard and turn into outdoor cabana
4. Put in a pool
Yeahhh....and here is the list of what we ended up adding because, well, "I'm going to do it eventually, we should just do it now and get it over with."
5. Sheet rock kitchen ceiling and add cedar beams
6. Lower kitchen serving bar to counter height...which led to ripping out existing White Carrara Marble and replacing with Calacatta Borghini (I die)
7. Which led to adding a farmhouse sink (I die, again)
8. Replace Pool Bath pedestal sink with custom cabinet and scraps of Calacatta Borghini (hey - had to get my monies worth!)
9. And while we're in there, why not slap some of that new Schumacher wallpaper up on the wall that I'm so in love with?!
10. Replace kids' bath pedestal sink with custom cabinet and salvaged White Carrara from the kitchen.
And that's that. For real. We're done. Until it's time to furnish the cabana, that is.
Ok, so here are a few sneak peeks...
Living Room BEFORE (when the house was on the market):
Living Room Sneak Peek:
There really isn't a "before" for the Master Bath as it used to be a single garage...so here is a photo of the back yard as well as the awkward single garage that was taken when the house was on the market:
Here is a sneak peek of my vanity.... and of course, my coveted ball & claw foot tub...
A little detail of the vanity...I knew I wanted the faucets to be mounted into the Calacatta from the get go...Love!
And before I show a sneak peek of the back yard, keep in mind, we're sooooo not done. We have additional landscaping, coach lights, fencing, etc to be installed. But you get the idea...
Again, the Before:
And the Sneak Peek:
I freaking love the fountains...and the picket fence...and the oval window. Ha!
I'm dying to show you the cabana, but it looks pretty sad right now...no furniture, no nothing. Oh well, hopefully we'll have it furnished by Spring.
Thanks for stopping by!